|The fuzzy bits are roots, not mold.|
Day 4 morning and evening
The same routine: rinse, drain, put back.
- Broccoli sprouts take 4-6 days to grow.
- Excess moisture is bad. The seeds should be damp, but not wet. Don't leave any water at the bottom of the jar after rinsing.
- On day 2-3, when tiny roots appear, they will look fuzzy. That is not mold. If they get moldy, they will smell foul.
- I rinse mine only morning and evening. Others suggest rinsing them 3-4 times a day.
- You can start eating them from about day 4. Just give them some indirect sunlight first to make them green. Direct sunshine might cook them.
- You may want to start another batch on about day 4 in order to have a constant supply of fresh sprouts.
- Store finished sprouts in a covered container in the refrigerator. Minimize moisture by removing the brown hulls.
- 1 T of seeds seems to make about 3 cups of sprouts.